Trump Brokered The Deal That Brought Three American Basketball Players Home From China.

In what could be considered an international incident, last Tuesday 3 UCLA Basketball Players shoplifted from three different stores including some expensive sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton, in Hangzhou, China. They were then subsequently arrested for the thefts.

“The players were released the morning of Nov. 8 on bail of approximately $2,200, with the conditions of release that the students had to surrender their passports and agree to travel restrictions. Chinese authorities did not require the players to remain at their hotel, but Guerrero (The Athletic Director) said the school chose to do so “out of an abundance of caution, and respect to the process.”He added that the bail has since been refunded by Chinese authorities.”

The UCLA players have since been released and made it home to see their friends and families all due to Trump’s negotiation skills. Trump went out on a limb and discussed the incident with the President of China, Xi Jinping. Luckily the Chinese Leader was swayed and the incident was resolved.

The students could have been facing up to 10 years in prison for that theft, with little chance of winning the case against them, since China’s prosecutors have a 99% conviction rate.

The Players had the nerve to think that they did not owe thanks to anyone for their freedom, so Trump sadly had to remind them with the following tweet:

A press conference was held and the three players apologized for their actions.

Trump’s diplomatic relations with China made for an easy resolution.

As Reported By Tim Bontemps, The Washington Post.

LOS ANGELES — UCLA announced Wednesday that it indefinitely suspended LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hall from its men’s basketball team after the three freshmen were arrested last week in China for shoplifting from three stores, creating an international incident that eventually saw President Trump and his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, get involved.

UCLA Coach Steve Alford announced the suspension Wednesday morning at what the school billed as a news conference, but in reality was a series of statements from all three players, as well as Alford and Athletic Director Dan Guerrero. None of the five men took questions from the more than 50 reporters in attendance at Pauley Pavilion, where the Bruins were set to host the University of Central Arkansas that evening.

Alford said the three players will not participate in workouts or practices, will not travel with the team and will not dress for home games during the suspension, which is indefinite because the school is going through its legal process with the three students.

Join The Conversation!

Like us on Facebook to keep pace with Fear and Blood and get first grab at our latest and greatest!