Convicted Cop Killer Put To Death Today Gives Hateful Last Words.

Convicted killer, Torrey Twane McNabb, 40, used his final words to curse the state Alabama before being put to death. Out of sheer defiance, McNabb raised his middle finger to onlookers just as the lethal intravenous began.

McNabb was sentenced to death by lethal injection for the 1997 slaying of Anderson Gordon, a Mongomery officer. Gordon arrived at a car accident and before he could respond, McNabb shot him 5 times in the officer’s patrol car. The accident was caused by the killer who crashed while trying to flee bail bondsmen.

McNabb’s lawyer was in process of suing the state for its lethal injection program. His lawyer is now accusing the prison of improper administration of midazolam, the drug used to stop the heart and lungs in the lethal injection.The attorney believes his client suffered pain during his death.

Alabama Commissioner Jeff Dunn, went on record disputing the lawyer’s claims.


As reported by Kim Chandler with Associated Press.

“His execution last night again shows that despite the State’s claims, Midazolam works exactly the way we have said it does in our challenge to its use. It does not relieve pain and only sedates to a level where the pain is still felt, but the person cannot react. It creates an illusion of anesthesia, nothing more,” McNabb’s attorney, John Palombi, said in a statement issued Friday.

Dunn said he is confident that McNabb was unconscious. Alabama has carried out five executions using midazolam.

“I’m confident he was more than unconscious at that point. Involuntarily movement is not uncommon. That’s how I would characterize it,” Dunn said.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals last month ruled that a judge prematurely dismissed inmates’ midazolam lawsuit, in which McNabb was a plaintiff, and ordered more proceedings. Palombi said he wants to find out “more about the events of last night in the time leading up to the trial on the constitutionality of the protocol.”

Gordon’s relatives in a statement read after the execution that the 30-year-old officer — known as “Brother” — was devoted to his two children and his work as a police officer before his life was taken on Sept. 24, 1997.

“Over 20 years ago, we lost a companion, a father, a brother, and friend who only wanted to make a difference in his community,” the statement read. “Although, the wounds of having a family member murdered can never be healed, through this tragedy, the Gordon family has remained strong and will continue to be resilient.”