Negligent Hospital Makes New Mother Disabled.

Canadian Mother Disabled By Negligent Hospital.

The act of bringing new life into the world is one of life’s magical moments. After nine long months and the painful birthing process, at least a family can count on their Hospital to properly care for them. For Lindsey Hubley of Halifax, Canada, this was tragically not the case.

Lindsey had a normal pregnancy, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, was kept for a couple days and then sent home as all mothers are. The day after being discharged she had abdominal pain and worried it might be related the birth, so she went back to the hospital. Doctors at the hospital quickly dismissed the claims as constipation and didn’t even bother with an examination.

The following day she was rushed to the hospital the pain in her abdomen had increased and her skin was starting to discolor. The Doctors soon found that their original assessment was way off Lindsey was suffering from Necrotizing Fasciitis, a flesh-eating virus.

For over 200 days Lindsey was in the Hospital fighting this infection and undergoing many surgeries “including amputations below both of her elbows and knees and a total hysterectomy.”

Lindsey has now beaten the infection but now seeks justice. She is currently in the process of suing the hospital/doctors for medical malpractice.

“It’s alleged part of the placenta was not removed at birth, and that she had a tear in her vagina that required sutures, which could have contributed to her health issues.”

The Hubley family and their lawyer believe the Hospital is negligent and had they took her next day visit seriously Lindsey might have been saved from “a substantial part of the damage, if not all of it, could have been prevented.”

Watch The Video About This Incident Below.

Watch the Video Below to learn about Necrotizing Fasciitis

As Reported By Aly Thomson, The Canadian Press

Hubley’s fiancee, Mike Sampson, 34, who is also named as a plaintiff in the case, has not been able to work since the birth of Myles. He said, “life has been put on hold.”

“Myles and I make our way into the hospital pretty much every day to see mama,” said Sampson in an interview Wednesday. “Our lives have been turned upside down.”

But despite the horrific ordeal, Sampson said his fiancee has remained very positive.

“No mom should ever have to watch their fiancee and their son walk out the door every night for over 200 days,” he said.

“She’s incredibly positive … She has an outlook that this process has taken her arms and her legs, but it’s not going to take her happiness.”

Sampson said Hubley is no longer infected but does require more major surgeries — including a kidney transplant — however, they are hopeful she’ll soon be able to start attending rehab.